Matheson Ergonomic Evaluation Certification Process:
Congratulations on choosing to pursue certification in this highly skilled specialty area of Ergonomics. By committing to the Ergonomic Evaluation Certification Program training and applying for the CEES designation you are taking the next step in being regarded as an advanced practitioner in this rapidly growing specialty.
The Matheson Certification for Ergonomics is one of the longest standing and highly regarded professional certification in the area of Ergonomics. The Matheson brand is recognized for worldwide for its comprehensive high quality training which makes the Certified Ergonomic Evaluation Specialist (CEES) one of the most frequently requested designations by employers and referral sources.
As a highly sought after designation the standards set are of the highest level to assure your certification is meaningful this is why you are not certified simply by attending the Ergonomic Evaluation Certification Program. The CEES process is meant to contribute to your learning experience and assist you in improving your work product, enhancing your skills and growing your reputation and practice to the next level.
To be eligible for certification as a CEES (Certified Ergonomic Evaluation Specialist) the candidate must:
1. Be an active or fully qualified professional working in the fields of:
- Industrial Hygiene
- Occupational Therapist or Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Physical Therapist or Physical Therapy Assistant
- Athletic Trainer
*Please be aware this list of professionals is not cross referenced with any state or provincial guidelines related to scope of practice for these healthcare professionals.
THE CEES APPLICATION PROCESS:
1. Attend and complete the Ergonomic Evaluation Certification Program training.
2. Perform 10 ergonomic evaluations within 1 year following your training. If you are unable to meet this time frame please complete the CEES Extension Request Form in the Alumni tab – Certification on the website. If you have additional questions please email the Matheson Certification Committee at email@example.com
3. Go to www.roymatheson.com and log in under the Alumni tab. If this is your first visit to the site since taking the training you will need to create a user name and password.
4. Go to the Certification link.
5. The Application Package consists of the following items:
- Certification Application Form
- Professional Experience Form
- Statement of Professional Practice
- Listing of 3 Professional References. Be prepared to list their email addresses.
- Application checklist –confirming all required components are present
- Complete the Report Submission Form listing (10) evaluations performed AFTER the ERG training. Please be sure the 10 reports you list are reflective of your best work.
- Pay the $250 non-refundable fee via credit card or send check to:Matheson Education and Training Solutions
166 South River Road; Suite 240
Bedford, NH 03110
8. Upon completion of steps 1-7 you will be notified via email which reports the Matheson Certification Committee has chosen to review.
9. REPORT REQUIREMENTS:
- 5/10 ergonomic evaluations must be performed on a manual material handling (MMH) task.
- 5/10 must be performed on tasks primarily related to upper extremity (UE) tasks.
- EVERY evaluation MUST include the ANSI Z365 long form.
- The NIOSH Lifting Formula form must be included when appropriate. Reports missing the NIOSH form when required will be rejected.
- At least 5/10 evaluations should be video-recorded. The list of reports should indicate which evaluations were recorded.
- It is not a requirement that the evaluation be done in a professional work environment. Acceptable evaluations include but are not limited to the evaluation of tasks by friends or family in the following environments: home office, routine housework, yard work, church or social events.
- Do not submit reports until notified to do so.
10 Upon review of your report list a committee member will choose 2 reports at random from the list. The certification committee will notify you via email which 2 were chosen.
11 Upload the 2 reports and video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
12 Once the reports have been received the applicant will receive a confirmation email from the Matheson Certification Committee.
13 The applicant will be notified as to Pass/Fail status within 12 weeks of submission.
Upon completion of the critique the candidate will be classified as passing or failing.
A. PASSING – candidates will receive the following:
1. An email from the Matheson Certification Committee with your critique form. Your official certificate will be mailed to you.
2. Certification is valid for a period of 3 years from the date on the CEES certificate. See Re-Certification for additional details on this process.
B. FAILING – candidates will receive the following:
1. An email from the Matheson Certification Committee with your critique form indicating areas identified for improvement. As it is our goal to assist you to become certified the critique should be used as an action plan.
2. Please review the items that need improvement and work to include the feedback in your clinical practice.
3. You have 60 days from the date of the email to submit a NEW report which addresses the areas in the critique. Submission of a modified version of the original report will be an automatic failure.
4. The new report should be emailed to email@example.com.
5. There is no additional fee for the 2nd attempt to pass the certification, however, should the candidate fail on the 2nd attempt there will be an additional $100 fee for each critique required to pass the certification process. The committee may make recommendations for the candidate to take an on line refresher course, audit the Ergonomic Evaluation Certification Program at a reduced rate or take additional on-line training modules to go further in the process.